Saturday, May 14, 2011

a newbie

ben
"Congratulations, Becky. You are now the title holder of the best gymnast in the country," Kathy whispered to Becky's ear as their names were being recognized and camera flashes were like lightning on a three-divided-stage in the dome.

"Thank you, Kathy. My parents would be so much thrilled for this." Becky happily whispered back to Kathy.

When Kathy went home, her parents' gestures were like someone had died in the family. Her family was so disappointed with what happened in the competition.They asked her what was the reason why she failed to bring home the bacon and got only the second post. But Kathy never told her parents the real reasons why she lost over Becky who was just a newbie.

On her room, as she closed her eyes to sleep, she made a simple prayer, "Dear God, I know Becky is so happy with her family about the victory she received. Thank you for the five years of making my family happy. Thank you for making them proud for five years. Now, I also want to do what my heart wants. I want to pursue my dreams. I want to be proud of myself, as well. Guide me, O, Lord. Amen."


No comments: