Monday, November 7, 2011

unchangeable

ben
When I was younger, I used to jump so high believing that I would stand taller than now but still, I am the shortest in my clan. I always think, "What if I were taller, would it make any difference?"

Maybe, when I stand higher, I would be doing many things. I may be in the fashion industry, or a basketball player. I also dreamed of being on TV or in commercials. I may not be doing what I am doing right now. I may be in another field.

There are things that you want to change in your life but you cannot simply because they are unchangeable. There are things that you wish to do or become and they only reside at the back of your mind. In life, some things look so impossible and you just need to live with them.

Insecurity arises when you think that others can do things and you cannot or others have this and you don't have the same. You feel it when you compare yourself to others minding that you are lesser than them. Sometimes, you even question your Maker why you were created like what you are now.

Insecurity is worthless. There is no problem with who you are even if you are short, flat-nosed, or thin-haired. The problem lies in the way how you think and react to it. You are unique. You have your own potentials. There are things that you can do while others cannot and vice versa. Focus on your 'goods' not on the things that make you feel self-less and shabby. Stop thinking of any problems that don't really exist.


2 comments:

enzo said...

hmmnn...thin haired...but still i want more hair Ben... hehehehe...

i-am-lie said...

Short, flat-nosed and thin haired....ako lahat ah! But still I thank my God for creating like this!