Wednesday, November 2, 2011

exodus

ben
Exodus?

It is the second book in the Bible. It means a departure of people from a hostile environment. It also connotes an escape or a withdrawal.

I have my own.

When I first knew the meaning of this word, I couldn't help myself from asking: When would I get out from this self? 

There are times that I feel breathless like I am immersed and succumbed in water that I cannot get air to breathe. All I do is to please the people around me. I make them happy as they instruct me what to do for their own sake.  I play the role they want me to be. 

People are selfish. They don't consider the feelings of others. They just want to extract other's pulp until it dries up.

Why people always want to get what they want from me? This is not me. I want to take off the mask they mount on my face. Let me have my exodus. Let me dress the one that I like not the costume they want me to wear. I want to be myself. I want to be me.


No comments: