Monday, October 10, 2011

are you contented?


Once there was a fisherman who sat down whistling on a wharf hoping to get some fish with his pendulous bait spread in the water. Out of nowhere, a politician in his early 50 walked past his back and asked the fisherman if he was contented in his life. The fisherman said, "YES."

Politician: Why don't you go in the middle of the sea so you can get more fish? 
Fisherman: I am resting. Besides, I lent my boat to someone else. 
Politician: Why don't you buy another boat? 
Fisherman: What for? 
Politician: To get more fish so you can buy another boat later. 
Fisherman: Why do I need another boat?
Politician: So you can buy more boats.
Fisherman: Why do I need more boats? 
Politician:So you can buy a bigger boat. 
Fisherman: Why do I need a bigger boat? 
Politician: So you can buy a ship. 
Fisherman: Why do I need a ship? 
Politician: So you can profit more. And if you already have a ship you can have more fishermen to work with. 
Fisherman:Then? 
Politician: You just sit and relax--whistling while fishing. 
Fisherman: What do you think I am doing now?

Contentment is a matter of perspective.