Friday, October 28, 2011

colored clothes

ben

"Why did you do that, Sammy? Do you know what will happen when you soak the colored clothes with bleach?" The mother scolded her 9-year old son after seeing him washing his clothes at the back of their house one afternoon.

For a while, the boy whose face was terrified by the tone of his mom began to feel humiliated because some of his playmates were looking at him. Again his mom asked the question, "Why did you do that, Sammy?"

In a soft voice he answered, "Because everyday when I get home from school, or even when I come back home from playing with other children, you always complain that I change my clothes again. You always murmur that you're tired doing my laundry. You always have words whenever I change my shirt. In the morning, after I take a shower or at night before I go to bed, you slightly twit as you give me clothes to wear. This afternoon, as I got home from playing outside, I looked at my shirt and it was a little dirty. I took it off and got the others from the laundry bin and soaked them with the bottle near the faucet in order to help you in a way so you won't grumble anymore."

The boy went to the mom and hugged her tightly. 

"Sorry!" Coincidentally, this word was heard from each other at the same time.



No comments: