Monday, February 20, 2012

in weakness, there is strength

There are times when we say, "I should look strong. I don't want others to know how I feel now. People should not see the real me. I should not look haggard. I should not look unhappy and distressed."

ben
But at times, when life's miseries are unbearable, these words are immaterial anymore. Concealing our emotions can mean suppressing our power--power to be strong, power to move on, power to overcome any difficulties we are going through.

It is not bad to cry. It is not abominable to speak up for our rights as long as we are not stepping others'. It is neither a mistake to look depressed in front of others. Moreover, it is not wrong to be sad. Because  at times we feel weak and helpless, there is this extraordinary power that we don't know where it is originating that automatically comes out from within us. This power will somehow lead us in doing the right decisions in life.

It is not wrong to be weak. In weakness, there is strength.