Monday, October 3, 2011

the steel man

Everyone calls him 'The Steel Man.' He is on his early 40s and he hasn't gotten married yet as if no woman got involved in him because of his strong personality. Built with big and  muscular physique, this man really confounds more than astounds his co-villagers.  He is never heard by many talking in public. He lives alone in a house. Most of the children there couldn't get near him because he is quite unapproachable that no one dares to.

His mysterious image is the most popular headline among people in his village. He is the center of attention whenever people muster together in a throng.

One evening, while most people are all eyes on TV as they watch their favorite shows, they are so shock when they see a man talking on the screen.

The host asks the man, "Everyone calls you 'The Steel Man.' Why?"

The man answers, "I don't know why they call me like that. Maybe they think I am strong because of my body or my personality."

The host wants to ask more but the man goes on, "I wish I was not like this. I don't even know how to approach people. Children always get off whenever I want to mingle with them. People keep off as I try to draw near with them."

As he continues,tears begin to flow from the corners of his eyes as if he is like a baby wanting for something, "I want my life to be normal. I want to have many friends as well. I want to walk along the road while someone calling my name not being 'The Steel Man.' I want to be loved by someone also. I want to be in this world."

Ponder on this: Even the strongest person needs love and care.



No comments: