Thursday, April 7, 2011

mom or girlfriend

ben
"You are in a middle of the ocean caused by a wrecked ship. You found a very small raft-like thing that makes you still afloat to live. Good thing it could accomodate one more. On the water you see your mother. On the other of the water, you ssee your fiancee. You have to choose who to save: it is either your girlfriend or your mother?"

I always heard this akin type of  hypothetical question when I was younger. Now, I have a more appropriate answer for this one. Here it is:

"I'd rather jump down the water, and tell my mom and my girlfriend to get on up the raft. I'll just try to swim and endure the coldness of the water. If I die because of the chill of the water, at least I would have shown my heart, my mom and my girlfriend would still be able to live for me. I love them so I am willing to sacrifice for them."

No comments: