Tuesday, April 5, 2011

proximity counts

ben
A friend of mine always murmurs every time I visit his pad. He has just broken up with a woman but he sometimes sees this woman becuase they belong to the same circle of friends. He still loves her even though he has a new girlfriend now. He also loves this new woman. Only, his new grilfriend is miles away from him. He always confides that he loves this new one more compared to the ex.  I asked him one time, "Why do you want your ex back?" And he slowly answered, "Proximity counts a lot in a relationship. The more I get to see her, the more I love her. Though my heart also beats for the one who is far away from me, still I would like to get back to my ex." I followed up, "So, what will you do with this new girl?" Quickly, he replied, "I would still keep her. I also love her."

Anyone can love two or more people at the same time, but he has to choose only one. Or, just choose none, and think it over for sometime until he reaches a point where he can possibly pick one without regretting failing another one. If you were on the shoes of this man, whom would you choose? Whom would you lose?

No comments: