Wednesday, August 22, 2012

the printer

Two years ago, I bought a computer printer which I could use for work or for personal purposes. Almost every week I printed some documents or any other stuff. A year had passed and my printer had gone impotent. I busily did my tasks in my office so I wasn't able to use it regularly. It came to a point that I never used it for almost a year.

ben
A week ago, it was on a beautiful Sunday afternoon that my colleague asked me to give a photocopy of my passport and work permit and also to furnish him an important document to be used the following day. I hurriedly went home so I could scan my personal valuables and print some important documents. At home, I turned on my computer alongside my printer. When I clicked on the print button, an error message box appeared on the screen. I tried several times but still I gotthe same error. My head turned heavy because I was rushing. My ears went so hot and red. It also came to a point where I dropped a knuckle on the computer table.

The beautiful day was ruined because of the printer. I was not able to print out anything. Later, I found out that the printer's ink turned solid because it was stuck for several months-- unused. 

Any thing that is left unused becomes infertile. So as a skill, talent, or any ability no longer of being utilized becomes nothing.



No comments: