Monday, August 20, 2012

bargaining

As I walk along the corners of a wet market, I saw various people of different classes. On one side, I see a man dressed in white with a tie. On the the other side, I see a family buying some bread to a baker. There is this old woman selling some sweet potato tops who catches much of my attention. She seems to be so old sitting on a dirty pass way in the market with her sweet potato tops near her feet. Then someone a woman of a good class in the society asks for the price of the sweet potato tops and the old woman answers with a slow and coarse voice, "Five..."  As I get near, I hear vividly how the woman of a good class responds to the old woman, "Can it be 3 or 4?"

ben
Bargaining to the old woman is much of a pity for the woman of a good class. To think that 5 is so cheap, she even bargains for a discount. Doesn't she even think how the old woman struggles to carry those bundles of sweet potato tops with her hunchback from one place to another? 

We must learn how to treat others fairly.

No comments: