Friday, August 24, 2012

a thousand

I was shopping for a pair of long-sleeved polo for work when I saw these lovely purple and green colored ones. They struck my eyes so I went straight to the shop and tried them on. Happily, they fit, exactly. I picked my wallet at the back of my jeans and handed over in a thousand. The sales lady took the money and packed my dress.

The shop had many customers because it was having its 'buy one take one' sale period. I was with three other customers buying on the ladies' corner. After a few minutes, the sales lady asked me, "Have you given your payment, Sir?" And I answered quickly, "Yeah!"

ben


The sales lady's face turned into mango. She rummaged the cabinets, her bag, and even the shelves where the goods were.Eventually, I learned that the money I gave her was missing. I did not know if it was misplaced or it fell from her pocket. I knew the sales lady was worried because of the money. She would have to pay the missing thousand if she couldn't find it. After a half an hour of waiting, still the money was missing. She'd had teary-eyes and I really felt what she was feeling at that time. I couldn't endure the ladies' burden so what I did was grab another thousand to pay again the stuff I would like to get.

"No, Sir. Soon I will find it." Her voice quivered as she spoke this line. But I insisted to give the money. At the end, she took the money.

After a month, I visited the shop again. I was a little shocked because of the voice at my back. "Sir, I would like to give you something." Surprisingly, I saw this sales lady again whom I had encountered a month ago. "I found the money on the vouchers I was holding at that time. And now that I see you, I am giving it back to you."

I smiled. I was not happy alone because I got the money back but because she had the heart to return back the money to me.

Doing good to people is an act that is not hard to do. No matter how difficult their situations maybe, always try to lend a helping hand to ease their burdens. You just don't know how it would make an impact in their lives. 

No comments: