Monday, May 27, 2013

attitude towards spirituality

While I was browsing some topics about 'poetry' online, an advertisement flickered on the the left corner of the computer. Here it was, "Friendship vs. Spirituality."

I don't want to sound so spiritual. I am firm to what I have been believing until now but it sicks me to know that sometimes some friendships are being jeopardized because of spirituality. When two friends differ into what they believe in, should they burn each other?

There are some cases wherein friendships or relationships are put into rack-and-ruin because of spirituality. One believes that the other is erroneous with regards to spiritual convictions. Eventually, they'd grow cold, and then turn ice with each other. Is it always a battle between the less and the more spiritual ones or the spiritual and the atheist ones? Should relationships be put aside because of spirituality?

I get this so called pet peeve whenever I see a spiritual friend brawling with the not-so-spiritual one. Moreover, shouldn't the more spiritual friend understand better the lesser spiritual one? But sad to say that friendships end because of spirituality, or should I say because of one's attitude towards spirituality? 

Christians are not taught to haggle with other denominations so as Buddhists are neither taught to hate Muslims. Good relationships validate legitimate spirituality.


No comments: