Saturday, May 18, 2013

the necessity of surprises (an excerpt)

A few hours ago, a surprise awakened me. After school, I usually doze off to retrieve the energy I spend in speaking a lot. I got astounded when my cellphone rang. It was my fault causing a feeling of irritation toward my mobile phone because I was not able to set it in a lower volume. It is always scandalous! I sluggishly answered it and I heard a voice again telling me to come out of the house. Why this time this person want me to come out? I had this notion at the back of my mind while my unconsciousness tried to reconcile with my consciousness. Is this the sentence pattern that I have to live with on my birthday— ‘come out of the house?’ Okay, so I went out and saw a good friend of mine telling me to get inside the car and we'd gonna take a short drive somewhere. I said, “eiiisssssshhhh.” This is my favourite expression whenever I have just awakened and someone tries to pull my legs or even piss me off. still, I joined in. I leaned my back on the seat to steal a quick nap. As I opened my eyes, I said ‘wow!’ In front of me was my favourite restaurant in the area. I haven’t been there for a while so I got stunned when I see the flickering lights inside inviting me to get in. I hastily moved forward and went inside the place. The restaurant is a rusty one with a cozy ambiance. Who would not like this place where the atmosphere and food are worth a penny? Then, my friend told me to close my eyes. After that, I saw a small cake almost similar to the cake I received last night from my other friends. I wasn't treated like this way before. Wonderful! That is how I describe the scenario. I thought my friend wouldn't do such thing because I know that this friend is not that sweet. At the top of it, my friend paid for the bill. It was not really the cake nor the place that bowled me over. It was my friend who was with me at that time and the effort which I know that it is to a certain extent impossible for this friend to get out at those times. I hurriedly hugged my friend and said, “My deepest gratitude!”

(The event took place 3 years ago during my birthday.)

No comments: