Tuesday, August 16, 2011

the biking sisters

Two girls made me cry when I saw them biking 5 kilometers from their boarding house to the school where I am teaching. Almost all the students ride motorcycles or drive cars going to school, but these two ladies have been pedaling their sole bicycle alternately for almost 4 years already.

ben
Whenever I see these two young ladies, one who pedals and the other is at the back, my heart tears up inside. It seems that they don't bother the heat of the day. It was all extremely opposite from what I had experienced. When I was a kid, I always got what I wanted. All my whimsical dreams were all given by my mother. I had this and that. I was able to visit here and there.I was full of caprice wanting everything that might have crossed my mind. As a matter of fact, from my primary to high school years, my parents had been picking me up at school. When I went to university I drove my own car to go to my classes.

But why did I cry? When I found out that these two young students are orphaned sisters, my eyes couldn't stop from crying. I didn't know why. 


No comments: