Tuesday, August 23, 2011

distinct thing on his hands

ben
A devastating flood comes into the city. Most of the houses are washed away with the brown water. People panic where to go and what to save. Some save their dogs, money, clothes, jewelry, possessions, etc. But a 6-year-old boy has the most distinct thing on his hands. He picks it up as it is being carried away by the current. It is wet but he manages to raise it up as he stands on the roof as rescuers come to save him and his family. He is asked by someone why he carries the thing on his hands, and he replies, "Every morning, I raise this thing on a pole. Before I go back home, I remove it on a pole and carefully fold it into triangle. I think it is very important because I keep it everyday."

Later, he is being awarded in the community for saving a national flag. 

No comments: