Friday, September 7, 2012

ever faithful will remain

I put on my gloves, sunglasses, and helmet. I am ready for the long ride to work. As I maneuver on a free flowing way, suddenly, I hear myself singing something. It is like this:

*When our school days
Glide by swiftly
In the gates we walk away
Still the truth and faith she gave us
Shall to us forever stay
Whether high place or in the lowly
Faith may send us joy or pain
But to our beloved college
Ever faithful will remain

ben

It has been almost 2 decades. At a virgin age, I learned the hard ways of life. I was a student who came from one of the remotest places in the area. I barely had shoes to boast. I remember, I only wore mostly slippers going to school. I did not have much money to buy snacks while my classmates could afford to buy and would share some. I skipped field-trips and extra-curricular activities because they were not included in my budget and mainly because my pockets were tight. 

On the other hand, I have the most memorable thoughts of my prime here. I was so naive yet free-willed and  childishly crazy. I had my firsts.  I had my blooms. I had my breaks. I had my peaks. I had my youthful searches. I had my efflorescence. Four years filled with pricey memories that can only being revisited back in my mind. 

Gone are the days that I am young. But my alma mater is still there as if she hasn't grown old since I eloped with my life. She is still an institution being revered by most people in my place. I may have left, but still she remains-- even in my memories. I miss my life in high school. I miss TCA.


*Tarlac College of Agricuture (TCA) Hymn



No comments: