Wednesday, September 12, 2012

changed

ben
"Why can't you change? How many times do I have to tell you that what you are doing is out of the norm." A mom came to grip with her daughter in a slightly moderated confrontation.The mom noticed that her daughter had a very hard time straightening her actions. 

One time the mom asked her daughter, "What is really your problem?"

"It is really difficult to change, mom. Everyday, I do my best to change as you would like me to do but each day that comes, it becomes harder and harder. I just wonder why you would like me to change in an instant," she answered.

Before the mom continued her interrogation, the daughter added, "Mom, look this way. I have been telling you to quit smoking but still you smoke your death. How many times should I tell you mom that smoking is dangerous to your health?"

Sometimes, we want change from people whom we believe are doing not good things but we scantily notice ourselves changing from our bad habits. We should consider the thought that it takes time and willingness to change or to be changed. It is never a good notion to push someone to change when we ourselves know that changing our bad practices are hardly altered.


No comments: