Saturday, September 15, 2012

feel beautiful

My colleague, Jammy, called me earlier for a  late brunch. I hesitated because last night I feasted with food in a friend's place. But Jammy was so insistent that in the end she was able to get my 'yes.'

ben
Before we asked for the bill, her phone rang. I asked who's calling her in a soft voice and she answered me, "Someone at work."

After the phone call, she told me to go straight to the hospital to do something. I said, "I don't want to go to the hospital. I get sad when I go there."

Again, she was so fierce that I was not able to escape from her. We walked the aisle of the hospital where nurses were rushing pushing beds of sick people. I told her that this is the reason why I don't really go to hospitals. She just smiled, then, no more reaction. We reached a room where someone was waiting for us. He looked familiar; maybe I have seen him at work. He and Jammy told me to go upstairs. After climbing to the third floor, I saw 'Blood Donation Room.' Right at that moment, Jammy told me that she would be donating blood for a colleague's mom.

I asked what happened to the familiar colleague's mom and he replied, "My mom got an accident last Tuesday. She needs a B-type blood and I found out that Jammy has the same. So, I requested her to donate her blood."

After some minutes, Jammy walked out of the room with a small ball of cotton on her arm feeling healthy. She looked just fine after giving out her blood. Inside the car while we were on our way home I threw another question to her, "Why did you do that? You don't know him well. You're not even close to the person."

Jammy said with a bright grin on her face, "I feel happy whenever I do something good for someone. I feel beautiful knowing that I make someone's life beautiful as well!"


No comments: