Tuesday, September 13, 2011

respect is earned

When he was still a fresher in one company, during presentations, he couldn't stick his ears to the speakers. It was either he wrote or drew something on papers or played some games on his mobile phone. He couldn't pay attention to someone who spoke in front.

Now is his turn. He is promoted as a speaker in the company. His first speech was filled with noise from the panel or audience. The next times, the same noise or even greater was expected in the room as he laid down his topics. One time, he got angry, but there was one person in the room who told him these lines:

ben
"Respect is earned. When I was at your post, I never saw your face turned towards me. I never saw your eyes interested in what I was saying. Now, you're angry. Can I be angry at you first? At least now you know how to be disrespected."


No comments: