Saturday, September 24, 2011

report card

A primary pupil held a report card on his palms. At first, while looking at his low grades, he felt so blue. But after some moments of silence, his face was seen with a smile as if everything turned perfect eventhough his grades were never far from the highest.

When his mother took a look at his report card, she made a lopsided grin and uttered, "Tsk...tsk....tsk..." The pupil asked her mom why she said, "Tsk...tsk...tsk..." as if something bad happened when this pupil was filled with joy painted on his face.

"Mom, why aren't you happy with my report card?"

"How would I be happy if your grades are low?" the mother replied.

"Yeah I know mom. But aren't you happy that all the grades on the left are 'A'?" the boy exclaimed.

"That's different, son."

"I know mom, my grades are low. But the marks on the left are more important than the numbers on the right. These grades pertain to my character and all of them are graded well," the boy said. "You should still be happy mom because my character boosted up," he ended.

No comments: