Friday, February 11, 2011

childhood friends

ben
Tina and Sabel grew up together in a far flung area where everyone knew each other because of the limited number of residents. They were childhood friends, and became best friends at 18. They went to college together at the same school. Even when they found jobs, they stayed together in one roof. But one morning the two never saw each other again. A letter was found on the table addressed to Tina. The letter was like this: “I know you have all the things you wanted. A job that really fulfills you.  A family that really cares for you. I am  leaving you for the first time in our almost 25 years of friendship. I know it is difficult for the two of us to be separated but this is what I know. I am still your best friend and I don’t want you to be angry at me. I just don’t want to be your boyfriend’s number 2.”

No comments: