Tuesday, February 1, 2011

2 am

ben
Just a few weeks ago, I wasn’t able to get a good sleep due to excessive thinking. Whenever I feel this itch on my brain, automatically, my body always wants to keep on doing something. So, one time, as I was talking to my friend overseas, Eddienel, I told him that I have this kind of sleep disturbance and asked for a piece of advice, he suddenly uttered familiar lines that struck me a bit. He told me, “Ain’t it that before when you got awakened at 2am, you always went to your knees and pray? You even posted that on your shout out last year. When your eyes are still dilated at 2am or later than that, why not grab the opportunity to pray?” Oh, wow! I smiled. I couldn’t imagine that Eddienel has this photographic memory of what I have said in the past. But in a way, this is good and true. In times that I feel anxious about a certain incident, I can always remember '2am' and Eddienel, and then get down on my knees and pray! I am more than encouraged that I have reminded of this.

No comments: