Wednesday, March 13, 2013

doors to pedestal

Last night while I was on my way back home, I noticed a guy who was sliding the steel doors of a temple trying to pull and lock them together. It seemed like it was really hard for him to do because maybe the bearings were not new. But as I reached the gates to my place, he was able to close them. After that, a thought came to my mind. "What if the doors of opportunities get shut in my life?"

There have been so many times that chances pushed me to do the things that I like in my life but I ignored them because I was preoccupied with other stuff. I did not even give myself a chance to try them. The have opened their doors widely for me but I was stiff and hesitant to give in. I just walked right by them.

I realize that opportunities come only once or twice in life. Seize them as they offer a good thing. If there are chances to make them happen, go, and run after them. There is nothing wrong to chasing after what someone hopes or desires for. If there is a way to reach something, persevere, and make it happen.

Life's opportunities only knock rarely. And these rare moments perhaps could bring me into pedestal; moments which will change my life forever.




No comments: