Wednesday, November 21, 2012

lingering affection

I linger the day when someone would truly care for me then stay with me for the rest of my life. 

Strange it may seem but I just want someone who bravely steps in and show me affection that I need. It's been a while since the last time someone had shown me tender attachment. I have always given mine. Some came but none of them  stayed. The older I become, the fiercer that I need someone to be beside me.

Everything seems bland nowadays. I have been losing my appetite. My hope has flown afar by a distant kite in the sky not knowing if its string is stern enough or is almost torn apart. My worries have grown stronger. Who is out there who'll boldly share time with me until the end of life's journey?

The creases around my eyes prove the long years of waiting. I am afraid that these lines will extend to my forehead, cheeks, or even to the other parts of my face and still waiting.

The late Whitney Houston's song Run To You makes a significance to what I am talking about. It goes like this, "What's the sense of trying hard to find your dream, without someone to share it with tell me what does it mean?"



No comments: