Thursday, November 22, 2012

what is Christmas to you?

Just a few days from now, it is going to be December again.  It is Christmas time!

But what is Christmas to you?

Christmas was not much celebrated at home when I was younger. I only had seen a small sometimes recycle-made Christmas tree standing at a corner of our house on the holidays. Year after year, displaying of lanterns had become insignificantly observed. During the Christmas eves, cooking and preparing of food had become less and lesser until there was a time that we did not cook at all. We just woke up at 12:00 midnight on December 24th and that was it...afterwards, we got back to sleep again.

Christmas may have been known all around the globe as a colorful festivity but not within my family. Yet, one distinct thing about Christmas in us is that it brings us together as one family as much as possible. When one of us gets far away because of work or any other reasons, he should make ways to get back home and be together as a family. 

Just a thought, "What is Christmas if there's no family?" I can work all day long to get much money but what is the sense of toiling hard if I don't have a family? I may be as famous as the people I often see on TV but I don't have a family? I would rather be an average worker but have a family. I would rather stay simple in life but with my family. I would rather lose all that I have just I stay with my family.

It is true. As I get older, the more I see and feel the importance of family. I have been learning to appreciate my family. I may be far away from my family now but my heart is always with them. The world will change but never will I change for my family.

I don't forget the fact that in the Christian world this season is the celebration of Jesus Christ's birth. But for me, Christmas means family!


No comments: